Hello everyone. How wonderful to write a post on my day off. I’m slowly typing on my computer at quiet my house on weekday. I don’t need to care who is going to pass by behind me. I can just focus on talking about the vegan sweet potato recipe.
Last weekend there was a celebration trip for my three years old daughter. It was not her birthday celebration, it was a traditional Japanese celebration for girls when they became age three and seven. This is the event how it looks. I went for the short trip with my parents in law, so I am exhausted after that. This is why I took my day off. But my daughter in Kimono was unforgettably adorable. During travel I tend to eat too much both savory and dessert. This time no exception. I had many opportunities to eat high calorie dessert with a lot of cream or buttery cakes at restaurants. It might be best for me to stop eating dessert for a while. But I have a sweet tooth who can’t finish every meal without something sweet.
So thus, I made healthy vegan sweet potato dessert today. This sweet potato pudding is required only five ingredients. When you feel heavy in body and stomach like me, it’s ideal dessert for treat yourself and also nice to serve for children. You don’t need to bake and making caramel. Instead it’s made from agar-agar for solidifying, and top with maple syrup. It takes about in just 10 minutes except cooling time in the refrigerator. It might be beautiful to put in transparent glasses if you luckliy get purple sweet potato. It’s simply delicious and perfect for relaxing dessert in fall. I hope you enjoy!
Another sweet potato recipe is here, Crispy Sweet Potato Spring Rolls with Pastry Cream Dip.
For some vegan recipe, check out my Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Tofu Ice Cream, Vegan Tofu Chocolate frosting and Vegan Matcha green tea Tofu Smoothie.
Vegan No Bake Sweet Potato Pudding
- 1 (200g, 7-oz) white sweet potato
- 1 cup (250ml) unsweetened soy milk
- 5 tbsp cane sugar more to taste
- 1 tsp vanilla extract optional
- 1 1/2 tsp (2g) ager-ager powder
- 100 ml water
- maple syrup for topping
- Peeled and roughly cut into small the sweet potato.
- Place the sweet potato in a large saucepan and add enough water to cover. Then boil over medium-high heat until tender about 15 minutes. Or cook on full power in the microwave for about 6 minutes until tender.
- Put the sweet potato, the soy milk and the cane sugar into a food processor. And process until well combined. Then taste it, add more sugar if necessary. Optionally add the vanilla extract.
- Place the water and the ager-ager powder in a large saucepan and bring to boil as whisking. When it starts boiling, keep whisking for another 2 minuts until slightly clear.
- Gently fold the sweet potato mixture into the ager-ager mixture in the saucepan as whisking vigorously. When It’s well combined, pour into dishes. Then put in a fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Drizzle maple syrup before serving.