As the temperature is dropping down day by day, I feel I want to have a warm bowl of Ramen noodles. I also love the atmosphere in Ramen shops where people slurp their noodles quietly at a counter seat in a tiny space. But it’s a little hard to go there with my small kids at this time. So thus, I made easy homemade Miso Ramen noodles!
Miso Ramen is one of the types of Ramen. As the name suggests, the ramen soup based on pork born broth infused with Miso. It’s said that Miso ramen was born in northern island in Japan. Thick Miso Ramen noodle soup would be the best to get all warm up ones body in cold region. Those of you who have had complex taste of the rich soup might think that it’s impossible to make at home. But in fact, without pork born or boiling like all day, you can achieve the real tease at your kitchen within 20 minutes. My husband surprised that it taste just as delicious as ramen shops.
Noodle dish is always benefit for quick to prepare and fast to consume for a busy day. Plus, you can make it more nutritious as your arrangement of vegetable and some protein foods to top with. I used sweetcorn, store-bought roasted pork fillet and spring onions. It’s also nice to pair with baby spinach, shredded cabbage, roasted chicken and a slice of bacon. You may see the unfamiliar Asian seasonings listed below. However Chinese chicken stock and Japanese Dashi fish stock are both instant granules which can be kept in fridge for about one year. And it’s very useful for cooking authentic Asian food easily.
It will be fragrant, delicious and satisfying main dish in cold weather. I hope you enjoy this simple homemade Miso Ramen noodle soup for warming up your body!
Easy Homemade Miso Ramen Noodle Soup
- 100 g ground pork
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp white Miso paste
- 1 tbsp red Miso paste
- 1 tbsp sesame Tahini paste
- 1 tsp Doubanjiang, chili bean paste more to taste
- 3 cup (750ml) water
- 1 tbsp Ajinomoto chicken stock or Lee Kum Kee Chicken chicken powder
- 2/3 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1 1/2 tsp Japanese Dashi fish soup stock
- 2 servings Ramen noodles (egg noodles) preferably fresh
- 2 tbsp butter optional
- vegetables or meat of your choice
- Prepare toppings of your choice and set aside.
- Place all ingredients of the Miso mixture in large saucepan or deep skillet over medium-high heat. And saute until the pork become golden brown.
- Add all ingredients of the Soup into the pan with the Miso mixture. And whisk until the Miso mixture is completely dissolved, then bring to simmer.
- Meanwhile, boil water(not in ingredients) in a large pot for boiling noodles. Add the noodles and cook. Just follow the instructions on the noodle package.
- Pour the Miso soup in two deep bowls. And when the noodles is done, drain well and serve in the bowls.
- Top with your toppings of your choice and serve.