What we called Cheesecake Terrine is the latest trend in Japan. I’m not sure which categories of cheesecake fall into it though; it’s light, creamy, delicate and very moist. Japanese cheesecake is becoming famous as jiggly souffle cheesecake, but this new trend is close to New York cheesecake. Creamy like pudding and dense like New York cheesecake but lighter.
The recipe is very simple which does not required to whisk step by step and using pan or bowl. All you need to do is place all the ingredients in a food processor or blender, process it once, then bake and chill overnight! It takes only 5 minutes before baking.
Since this is simple and easy cheesecake loaf, it will be nice to serve with blueberry sauce, place on graham crumbs bottom or top with cocoa powder like Tiramis. Please enjoy your arrangement. If you don’t have a loaf pan, it also work with other cake pans, muffin or round shape. But make sure bottom is fixed type and line non-stick baking paper.
Today ‘s Japan is damp and much cooler than usual because new typhoon is coming. If I wasn’t going to work, I would be just making dessert all day at home, relaxing. Fingers crossed one day my life will be there.
This cheesecake is very easy to make, so I hope you enjoy it in your spare time. Please let me know, if you know which category this cheesecake is!
Thank you for visiting my site. I’m uploading new recipe once in every week.
Easy Cheesecake Terrine
I used 7 by 3 inches( 178 x 76 mm) loaf pan
- 200 g (7 ounce) cream cheese room temperature
- 200 ml heavy cream(double cream)
- 100 ml unsweetened plain yogurt
- 95 g (about 1/2 metric cup) granulated sugar
- 2 egg
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- a pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 160°C(320°F). Boil water for the water bath. Line a pan with parchment paper.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until well blended.
- Strain the mixture into the prepared pan, then place the cake pan in a large shallow pan containing hot water about 0.5 inch (1 cm) depth.
- Bake for 60 minutes.
- Remove the cheesecake from the water bath. Let it cool to room temperature. Then, cover the top with plastic wrap and refrigerate it overnight.