Quick and authentic Japanese coffee Jelly recipe with condensed milk cream. Refreshing dessert made of freshly brewed coffee and gelatin powder. Enjoy the best summer dessert!
Coffee jelly is one of the desserts which brings me back memories. My father, who always comes back home after business drinking party, bought some dessert for my family as his routine. The little decadent present from convenient stores included cream puff, caramel pudding and coffee jelly. Me and my mother’s favorites are the coffee jelly at all times. This must be topped with sweetened condensed milk cream. It’s very delicious to have bitter coffee jelly and cream together.
The real reason why my father always bought the dessert is that he just wanted us to come out of our bedrooms and gather whole family in the dining room. I have two younger brothers, by the way. I wanted to add such a memorable coffee jelly to my routine dessert recipe, and thus I recreated the taste precisely.
It’s delicious and also very easy to make, required only 5 ingredients, coffee, sugar, gelatin, heavy cream and sweetened condensed milk. Firstly you will make hot coffee as your own way and well blend with gelatin and sugar. About topping cream is just only whisk heavy cream and sweetened condensed milk. So it will be ready in 5 minutes except chilling time. If you need more sweetness, add more condensed to your taste.
If you are planning to serve coffee after the meal, serve the coffee jelly instead. I’m sure you all will love the refreshing dessert.
Japanese coffee jelly with condensed milk cream
- 7 g (2 1/2 tsp) unflavored gelatin powder
- 50 ml water
- 1 1/2 cup (375 ml) fresh brewed hot coffee
- 5 tbsp brown sugar or white sugar
- 1 tbsp sweetened condensed milk more to taste
- 100 ml heavy cream / double cream
- Place the 50 ml of water in a small bowl, and sprinkle with the gelatin powder, then set aside for a few minutes.
- Add the sugar and the swelled gelatin to the hot coffee, then mix until the gelatin and the sugar completely dissolved. And allow to cool to room temperature.
- Pour into a square container and place in the refrigerator to chill until set (about 5 hours).
- Pour the heavy cream (double cream) and the sweetened condensed milk in a small bowl, and whisk until the sweetened condensed milk completely dissolved.
- Cut the jelly into square shape and place them in serving dishes. Then serve with the cream mixture.