Time flies. It’s been three months since I posted my first ever recipe on my blog.
Moving with my two-month-old baby was harder than I had imagined. My new place is on the 10th floor and we can see the nice view of autumnal colors of the leaves. However, winter has already come.
I made a simple pumpkin salad that you can enjoy a delicious combination of creamy mascarpone and crispy fried onions.
Crispy Kabocha Squash Salad
- 1 small kabocha squash / japanese pumpkin about 500g(cup 4)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200 g mascarpone cheese
- 3 tbsp any kind of milk or water
- 3 tbsp ready-made crispy fried onion pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- Remove the seeds from the squash and cut into smaller pieces. The kabocha squash skin is edible.
- Boil, steam or microwave the squash until tender.
- Add the olive oil and mash the squash until smooth.
- Beat the mascarpone cheese until smooth in a separate bowl. Add the milk and whisk together.
- Put the mascarpone cheese mixture on the mashed squash.
- Sprinkle the crispy fried onion before serving.