I made vegan tofu chocolate frosting on my son’s 1st birthday. I wanted to make something decoration cup cakes, but unfortunately working mother doesn’t have time on weekdays. So I made the tofu chocolate frosting on top of cookies with chocolate sprinkles instead.
Besides, I felt uncomfortable letting 1 year old child eat plenty of daily whipping cream. In the end, my son licked a bit of the tofu chocolate frosting though. On the other hands, my daughter ate up the tofu chocolate frosting and she did not notice it is made by tofu at all. When I realized she was suckling the tofu chocolate frosting from the piping bag directory!
A combination of cocoa powder and a few of dark rum gives a rich taste to the tofu chocolate frosting. But the most important part of this recipe is boiling tofu and letting it cool down befor blending in a food processor. The reason is that it removes excess water and becomes firm without tofu beans taste. Does vegan tofu cream or frosting sometimes have a subtle taste of tofu? This recipe is an exception. Those who have given up vegan tofu frosting, it’s worth to try! Boil tofu and let it cool down in the fridge overnight. On the next day, you can make delicious tofu chocolate frosting in 5 minutes by only pressing a button of a food processor! Enjoy to use the frosting on your way, decorating muffins, cakes and of course delicious to eat them as they are! If you try the tofu chocolate frosting, let me know how it was!
Vegan Tofu Chocolate frosting
- 300 g firm tofu except extra farm, preferably oganic
- 5-6 tbsp cane sugar
- 2 tbsp coconut oil liquid
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp dark rum
- Boil the firm tofu for 3-4 minutes.
- Drain it with a strainer. When it cool down, put in a fridge overnight or a couple of hours until chilled.
- Place the tofu and rest of all ingredients to a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Taste the cream, and add a little more sugar if necessary.
- Put in a fridge for at least 1 hour.