I made Vegan Matcha (green tea) and Tofu Smoothie! It’s thick, creamy and very nutritious.
I am not vegan, by the way. But I know the truth that when I eat vegan meal my body gets so refreshed. Because my mother is a chef at a maternity clinic where only serve vegan meals for women after giving birth. I was hospitalized there at the time of my first birth of my daughter. I ate Vegan meals for a week and I felt somehow cleaned up my body. So every time when my mother come to my house, she makes delicious vegan dishes. Among her recipes, tofu dessert is particularly delicious. This recipe, Vegan Matcha (green tea) and Tofu smoothie inspired by one of her dessert. Its matcha green tea smoothie goes really well with blackstrap molasses.
A black syrup, called Kuromitsu, tastes just like blackstrap molasses is very common to use with Matcha green tea dessert in Japan. I recommended to drink as a breakfast. Tofu are natural protein and Molasses has also benefits of relief from PMS, stress and skin trouble.
Vegan Matcha green tea Tofu Smoothie
- 1 frozen banana, peeled, sliced.
- 1/2 cup(125ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tbsp Matcha green tea powder
- 150 g silken tofu
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp cane sugar
- a dllop of blackstrap molasses recommended mild flavor
- Place all ingredients without blackstrap molasses in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Top with blackstrap molasses.