It is a hot day with full of humidity! This is the summer of Japan. I remind it every year when summer is closer. I imagine that it would be very hard for the player of Tokyo Olympic Games in 2020 in such humid heat! During midsummer, it seems like walking in the water!(a bit exaggerating) But I look forward to the event! Anyway, now all I want to drink is soda! Let’s make super easy refreshing drink with Matcha green tea and Sprite!
I always drink Sprite onboard when I go abroad for a change. And Matcha green tea has the effect of lowering body temperature. About the taste, the combination of bitterness of Matcha and sweet soda of Sprite creates very new delicious taste! If you squeeze lemon, even more refresh it!
Sparkling Matcha Green Tea
- 1 tsp Matcha green tea powder
- 1 tbsp hot water
- 1 cup(250ml) Sprite
- 1 tbsp lemon juice and lemon wheel optional
- Place the matcha green tea powder in a small bowl and add the hot water. Stir until the powder has completely dissolved.
- Pour the matcha green tea and Sprite in an ice-filled glass.
- Optional; Add the lemon juice and garnish with the lemon wheel.