The rainy season has started in Tokyo. It’s humid every day and the damp wether getting to me. In that wether, I think it’s time to refresh with chilled ramen noodles! I recently bought a tahini paste at a import grocery store, which i’ve been curious about for a while! When I tasted it, it reminded me Japanese classic sesame sauce! And thus, I made easy dipping sauce for chilled ramen noodles based on the tahini paste.
It’s very simple, 5 ingredient tahini sause recipe. You only need to blend tahini paste, white miso paste, oyster sauce, soymilk and sesame oil while preparing your favorite noodles. Though mostly asian seasonings, you could find them on the shelf of the asian aisle at grocery stores. I went for green and yellow colored rice noodles, but also you can choose to wide range of chinese noodles, even thick or fine! As for toppings, I used leftover tomatoes and cucumbers in my fridge. So enjoy top it with your favorite vegetable like avocado, roasted zucchini or eggplant. If you’re not vegetarian, smoked salmon, sliced roasted chicken and baked grilled bacon will also go well!
How to eat chilled ramen noodles: first, pick up a few strands of the ramen noodles. And quickly dip them into the dipping sauce befor you eat. The dipping sauce is salty, so please don’t soak all strands into the sauce.
In the case of leftover the sauce, it can also be salad dressing by just adding more soy milk!
Easy Tahini Ramen Noodles
- 1 tomato
- 1 cucumber
- 4 tbsp tahini paste
- 1 tbsp white miso paste
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 6 tbsp unsweetened soymilk
- 2 tsp oyster sauce
- 2 pack noodles of your choice
- Cut the vegitable into small pieces and set aside.
- Boil plenty of water in a large pot.
- While boiling water, combine all ingredients for dipping sause and whisk until well blended. Taste it and add little more soy milk if necessary.
- Put the noodles into the boiling water and stir to separate the strands from each other. Boil the noodles according to the package instructions.
- Drain the noodles and under the running water, wash them until completely cool down. Soak and wash in ice water to cool down If you want to save time.
- Place the drained noodles on a flat plate, and pour the sause sepalate small deep dish. Top the noodles with the vegetable.