Hello everyone. This is my first-ever post on my blog. I’m still working on my website, (honestly I’m struggling..), though I published my first recipe.
Tiramisu is one of my favorite desserts. My recipe is very simple, because it simply involves overlaying layers of ready-made chocolate sponge with a cream mixture. You can make this in just 30 minutes. The cream is mixed with sweetened condensed milk which is also perfect to use for matcha green tea.
I hope you will love this tiramisu!
Easy Matcha Green Tea Tiramisu
Matcha Sponge Cake
- 1 tbsp matcha green tea powder
- 5 tbsp hot water
- 300 g ready-made chocolate sponge cake (medirea cakes, loaf cakes and swiss rolls, etc.)
- 100 g cream cheese (room temperature)
- 150 ml whipping cream
- 2 tbsp (40g) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp matcha green tea powder for dusting
- Place the matcha green tea powder in a small bowl and add the hot water. Stir until the powder has completely dissolved.
- Cut the chocolate sponge cake into 1cm in slices.
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth in a medium bowl. Add the sweetened condensed milk and the sugar and whisk together until well blended.
- Whip the cream in a large bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the cream cheese mixture into the whipped cream. Tast the cream, and add a little more sugar if necessary.
- Arrange the sliced sponge cake in the bottom of a container. Brush with the matcha green tea over the songe cake base. Spread half the cream mixture over the sponge cake base. Repeat process with another layer of sponge cake and cream. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Dust lightly with matcha green tea powder before serving.