This is 5 ingredients dairy free tofu churros recipe. You will not tire your hand whisking thick dough in a pan over heat as traditionally way to make. Only you need is combine all ingredients in a bowl and fry them into a frying pan with a little oil.
By the way, summer is full swing now in Japan. Everyday is sunny and roughly 39 degrees at highest temperature. Air conditioning works for 24 hours that I don’t want to face my electricity bill. I tend to reach sugared iced coffee and sweets. But I don’t need too many calories because summer vacation is just around the corner! I want to stay fit when I put on a swimwear.
If you think the same way, there will be no reason not to make healthy tofu churros for the summer snack! Personally, it is the best tofu recipe among I uploaded on this site. This tofu churros are very light and fluffy. Inside is well moist by soybeans effect and outside is crispy as you can see on the photographs.
Some of you can’t be bothered to cleanup after deep fried cooking, but don’t worry this recipe required only about 1 cm of vegetable oil over the frying pan. Other ingredients are silken tofu, flour, baking powder and honey. I went to white chocolate Matcha green tea sauce, but you can have more of choice with cinnamon sugar, simply sugar glaze and dark chocolate sauce for dipping.
It is really delicious so i’m planning to make regular basis. I hope you enjoy highly recommended easy, simple and healthy churros recipe.
Easy Homemade Churros with Matcha green tea Sauce
- 150 g silken tofu
- 1 1/2 cup(180g) plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp(60g) honey
- vegetable oil for frying
Matcha green tea Sauce
- 150 g white chocolate broken into pieces
- 2 tsp matcha green tea powder
- 1 tbsp hot water
- 2 tbsp dairy milk
- Place the silken tofu in a large bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients for the dough, then mix with rubber spatula until well combined. Add a little water if the dough is too thick to pipe.
- Put the dough into a piping bag with a large open-star tip.
- Heat about 1 cm of the oil in a large frying pan. Hold piping bag above the oil, squeeze out the dough, snipping off with a knife or kitchen shears. Then fry until golden brown on both sides. Transfer churros to a paper towel to soak up excess oil.
Matcha green tea Sauce
- Place the matcha green tea powder in a small bowl and add the 1 tbsp of hot water. Whisk until the powder has completely dissolved.
- Place the white chocolate and the milk in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer. Pour the matcha green tea liquid over the chocolate and allow it to sit until the chocolate has melted. Then whisk to combine. As soon as well combined, remove from the heat.
- When the sauce to cool slightly, it's ready to serve with the churros!